Utskrift från Malmö universitets webbplats www.mah.se

Reimbursement for medication and healthcare

You can be reimbursed for parts of your healthcare expenses that are covered by the high-cost protection scheme, and for the full cost of prescription medication.

This compensation is paid together with your salary, and will be subject to benefit taxation. In order to receive the reimbursement during the same month, your receipts must have been submitted by no later than the 5th day of that month.

How to claim compensation

You must complete the necessary form and attach your receipt. You can use the same form to claim compensation for several expenses. Attach the original receipt, where your Swedish personal number and the sum you have paid are clearly stated. You must also attach a copy of your high-cost protection card if you are claiming compensation for healthcare, or the specification of your prescription if it is for medication. You can claim reimbursement up to two years after the cost was incurred.

The form can be found here

You can claim reimbursement for:

Healthcare, dental care and psychological treatment

For healthcare, oral-surgical treatment or psychological treatment, you can receive maximum compensation of SEK 95 per visit, or a maximum of SEK 70 for each day of care if you are admitted to hospital.

Compensation for appointments will only be paid if your high-cost protection card contains a stamp confirming the treatment.


You can receive compensation of SEK 55 per visit to a registered physiotherapist for treatment if the visits are covered by the high-cost protection scheme. You can also receive compensation for visits to a chiropractor or naprapath if the treatment is covered by the high-cost protection scheme.


You are entitled to compensation for the full cost of your prescription medication that are covered by the high-cost protection scheme. You cannot claim compensation for the purchase of non-prescription medication.

Do you have any questions?

If you are unsure about how to submit your claim for compensation, contact your payroll administrator.