Utskrift från Malmö universitets webbplats www.mah.se

Payroll administration will transfer to the SSC on March 5


When the self-reporting system Primula opens again on March 5, the SSC (National Government Service Centre) will be managing the University’s payroll system. The transfer will not affect the majority of cases, but there will be a few important changes.

New contacts for salary payment and reporting

Self-reporting in Primula

Please note that the URL has been changed, so if you have bookmarked the page in your browser, you may need to update it.

If you have any questions related to self-reporting in Primula, your payroll cases, or salary payment, you should contact the SSC through their portal. The portal includes news, service status updates, and links to further information. It is also possible to contact SSC by phone on 0771-456 000, Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 16.00.

SSC:s service portal

If you have any questions about our collective agreements, such as regulations for parental leave, annual leave or other leaves of absence, you can contact the HR Department by emailing hrsupport@mau.se

Remember to report your cases from February

If you have been ill, taken care of a sick child, or anything else that affects your salary payment during the period that the self-reporting system was out of service, make sure to report this once Primula reopens.

If you were ill or out of office for an extended period while Primula was out of service, and reported this to your manager/the HR Department according to the specific instructions, you are not required to report it again.

New cases that you will be able to self-report after March 5

It is now possible to report these cases yourself through Primula:

  • Termination of employment
  • Increment for unsocial hours
  • Perquisites
  • Health-promoting activities (scan the receipt and keep the original)
  • Reimbursements for medical expenses (scan the receipt and keep the original)
  • Reimbursements for health care expenses (scan the receipt and keep the original)
  • Parental benefit supplement
  • Tax exchange
  • Union duties (attach the meeting invite)

Some cases will require you to submit scanned documents

Primula does not provide a form for certain cases which need to be handled manually. These include:

  • tax certificates, tax adjustments and SINK tax documents;
  • documents from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency regarding special high-risk protection;
  • documents from the Taxation of Research Workers Board; and
  • termination of tax exchange.

You will need to scan the documents for these cases and submit them through SSC’s portal.

For March’s salary payment, supporting documents must be submitted by March 11. Starting from April, however, you will need to submit documents by the 7th of the month.

Changes in reporting sick leave

Instead of reporting sick leave once you return to work, you are now required to register the case in the self-reporting system on the first day of your absence. Once you return to work, you add the end date and close the case. If you are ill for eight days or more, you are required to submit a doctor’s certificate to the HR Department.

Changes in how annual leave is managed for teachers, researchers and doctoral students

Registration of annual leave and payment of holiday supplements will be carried out in September, but the allocation of leave will still be from the Monday following Midsummer, onwards. If you wish to register annual leave yourself, you must do so in Primula by July 31. Any days that have not been registered by then will be allocated and registration will be conducted in September.

More frequent reimbursements for travel costs

While travel advances, travel accounts and reimbursements for expenses were previously paid on the same date as salaries, there are now two extra dates a month for such payments.

Payment for personal use of your phone

An administrative fee of 100 SEK will be charged if you register personal use of your work phone for services not included in your plan, such as calls outside of the EU and SMS payments. Fill in the form and submit it through the SSC portal The form is currently only available in Swedish, but will be updated.

More information

For more information on the regulations that apply for each case, check the pages under the ‘Your employment’ tab.

More information about the self-reporting system

Text: Janni Karlsson