Utskrift från Malmö högskolas webbplats www.mah.se


to use before you go on exchange

  • CSN - financial aid for students.

    - Provided you are eligible, please apply early, see CSN for more info
  • Insurance

    - Provided that you have contacted the International Office with your exact semester dates, and you are registered in LADOK for exchange studies, you will be insured by Kammarkollegiet for your period of study. 

    - Email a copy of your official Letter of Acceptance (or similar document you receive from the host university) to Ville Engström to receive the insurance certificate and the Medical Insurance Card (MIC).

    - If you are going to study within the EU/EEA, please note that you will only receive an insurance certificate from us.  Instead of a MIC from Kammarkollegiet, you need to order a European Health Insurance Card from Försäkringskassan

    Information on the insurance and how to obtain it
  • Learning Agreement

    - Please ensure you get your Learning Agreement signed by course/programme responsible. You must get all your courses and any changes of courses authorized in order to get the credit points acknowledged.
    Learning Agreement

    - Register for exchange studies with you course administrator, International Coordinator or LADOK- responsible at your school/faculty. You must be registered to receive insurance through the university and to be able to receive CSN financial aid (provided you are eligible for this)
    Student Self Service
  • Payment of the ERASMUS+-scholarship

    You will receive the Erasmus+ Grant Agreement at the Kick-off but you can also download it yourself, see below. Complete the form, sign and hand in together with your Letter of Acceptance with you EXACT semester dates to your International Coordinator. He or she signs and forwards it to the International Office.

    This must be completed before the scholarship can be paid and no later than:
  • January 10th for exchange studies during the spring semester
  • August 10th for exchange studies during the autumn semester

    Please note:
    If your Letter of Acceptance does not contain the exact semester dates, you must also submit an academic calendar or similar.
    Erasmus+ Grant Agreement
  • VISA / Residence Permits

    - If you are an international student going to study outside the EU: apply early!  Please bear in mind that the visa requirements and processes may take quite some time to go through. This is something you must consider BEFORE you apply for an exchange semester outside of EU. It is your own resposibility to look into what visa regulations that applies to you and to ensure you go through the application process.

    - If you are a Swedish citizen and are going within EU: if you are staying longer than 3 months, you need to apply for a residence permit once you have arrived to the relevant country

  • Vaccination

    - Find out if you need any vaccinations as early as possible.

  • Other students' experiences

    Check what other students have thought about being away at specific universities, and possibly connect and ask them about their experiences. Make sure to check out our blogs and facebook-pages below:

    Study Abroad Blogs
    Facebook page: 'Studera utomlands Malmö högskola / Study Abroad Malmö University' 

  • Information materials

    - Please bring the materials provided by the university (brochures, posters etc.) as you most likely will be asked to partake in information sessions or Study Abroad Fairs!

  • Accommodation

    - Contact the host university if you need help in finding accommodation during your exchange semester. Most universities can help you out!

    - If you wish to sublet your own room or flat to an incoming exchange student during your semester abroad, please Sublet your apartment.

Last updated by Klara Nordström