Facts and Figures
• was founded in 1998
• is the ninth largest institute of learning in the country
• is composed of five different faculties
• has more than 100 programmes and 500 courses on offer
• had 25,000 students enrolled in full- or part-time studies 2012
• has approximately 1,500 employees
• has around 220 PhD students and approximately 80 full professors.
• More than 1,800 international students (both independent 'freemover' students or as exchange students) from almost 100 different countries from around the world
• International exchange students come mainly from Europe but we also host students from Hong Kong, Chile, Canada, South Africa, Tanzania, Japan and Greenland
• Students studying at Malmö have the opportunity to study abroad during their studies with us. We have agreements with approximately 240 universities around the world.
Malmö University's students...
• are predominantly female (67%)
• often have a non-Swedish background.